At Quagga Dentist, we specialise in zirconia crowns because they provide the best quality, superior strength, and outstanding aesthetics. Zirconia crowns come in a variety of translucencies, making it possible to achieve life-like crowns that match perfectly with your existing teeth. Zirconia is very quickly becoming a very popular material for making dental crowns and other restorations.
Zirconia material is a metal classified as a member of the titanium family and is mined around the world. The material is well-known for its durability, making it an ideal product to use in dental crowns, especially posterior crowns that require a lot of strength for chewing food.
Zirconia crowns have some distinct advantages:
- It can be matched to the colour of your existing teeth.
- It is extremely strong and durable
- It can be layered with porcelain, further improving its aesthetics
- Zirconia has the ability to be shaped in the dental office. Meaning, your crown might be made and delivered in one appointment.
- The material is biocompatible, meaning it doesn't cause adverse reactions when implanted in the human body
- Zirconia crowns don't leave a black line along the gum-line as metal-based crowns do
Are you interested in getting natural-looking crowns to restore your smile? Then contact Quagga Dentist today.